|Key People||Robert D. Merrilees, Chairman; Stephen A. Brodsky, CEO (as of April 1, 2013)|
|Products||Technology-focused trading firm that specializes in equity options|
Spot Trading is a privately held, technology-focused trading firm active in multiple markets including cash, options, futures, and other derivatives. The firm is located in the Chicago Financial District and has grown considerably since its creation in 1999.
In July 2013, Spot Trading was named one of "Chicago's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work for" by the National Association of Business Resources (NABR) for the third consecutive year.
In November of 2010, Stephen A. Brodsky was named chief financial officer of Spot Trading LLC. In 2013, Merrilees was promoted to the newly created position of chairman and Brodsky assumed the role as CEO. Robin McInerney assumed the role of CFO.
Spot Trading was selected as one of The Chicago Tribune’s Top Workplaces for 2013. Featured in the small company category, the firm also won the Special Award for Benefits.
In March of 2014, Spot Trading announced it launched a blog where they talks openly about technology solutions. The firm hopes to stimulate thinking and promote collaboration in open source and other industries.
- Rob Merrilees, Founder, Chairman
- Stephen A. Brodsky, Chief Executive Officer
- Edward Haravon, Chief Operations Officer
- Michael Hoban, Portfolio Manager
- Robin McInerney, Chief Financial Officer
- Carlos Saez, Chief Investment Officer
- Nigel Young, Chief Technology Officer
- Proprietary Trading Firms. Traders Log.
- Spot Trading Elevates Merrilees To Chairman, Brodsky To CEO, McInerney To CFO. Tucson News.
- Spot Trading L.L.C.. BusinessWeek.
- Spot Trading Named One of "Chicago's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work for". PR Newswire.
- Spot Trading Names Stephen Brodsky Chief Financial Officer. Spot Trading.
- Spot Trading Elevates Merrilees to Chairman, Brodsky to CEO, McInerney to CFO. Spot Trading.
- For Spot Trading, the whole is greater than the parts. The Chicago Tribune.
- printf(“Hello World!\n”);. Spot Trading LLC.